How do you teach your kids about Modesty? By example? By talking about it? What else? I don't know. This is a hard subject. I know Raegan Is only 2 but this has crossed my mind many times, but didn't quit hit me till last week when I finally let Raegan pick out her first Barbie Doll. I know she is a little young but she played with that thing for hours and hours in the car while we drove to island park. Well. to make a long story short Raegan kept wanting to take off the Barbie's Clothes and them put them on again. This went on for a while till she was done playing with the doll and just threw it on the floor of the car. It just so happened that she had just taken the clothes off of the Barbie. Well... The Barbie was Naked the rest of the weekend because somewhere along the way we lost part of the clothing. It really started to bug me that there was a Naked Woman in our presents, and I realized that The barbie was NOT being Modest! I knew this is where we had to start with talking about modesty. We need to keep our Barbies modest. But How? You can't even find Barbie clothes that are modest. Everything is too short, tight and o yeah did I say short? But then I remembered Something that my sister in law had done for all of her Daughters Barbies, She drew swimsuits on them with permanent markers! BRILLIANT!! I was so excited! So here is the fashionable Pink and green swim suit made only by
BiC Color collection.





12 comments:
that is great! i love the before marker shot!
I don't think it is ever to early to start talking about modesty!! Way to go on thinking about it already. Skylar and I talk about it probably almost every day. I love the swimsuit, we don't have any barbies but when we do I will be doing the same thing. Great idea Becky! Modest is hottest! :)
Love it. You are darling. I just read a great article in the Ensign about Modesty that I am saving so I can refer to it any time we need to talk about Modesty in our family. It is great-- http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=1c3de97864a6b110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
If you can't see it from that link, go to lds.org and it is in August 08 Ensign, called "Modesty" by Robert D. Hales
When I was a nanny, the girls were 3 and 5, and we would talk about modesty also. We would just talk about people the girls saw in a show or movie...I'd casually mention that something wasn't modest because... and they soon caught on, and were then telling ME what was modest or not.
That's a smart idea with the barbies!! I love it!
I hate naked Barbies too. The clothes are much easier to get off than on. The girls take the clothes off, and I have to put them on. I'm The Barbie Dresser. Can you imagine how much harder it would be to dress them in mosdest clothing? Like long sleeves or high necks? Right now I am content with short skirts and tank tops.
I buy the swimming Barbies (they're like $5) and tell the girls that the suits don't come off. The suits work as their underwear.
"Modest is hottest" has been our saying since the day she was born - as well as "boys are gross, they have cooties, until you are 25" -- just to name two of the many. Modesty (to me) is one of those things you have to be 100% diligent about even if it is a little inconvenient because the saying is true (especially as they get older) - you give them an inch - they will try to take a mile. You are awesome for putting on permanent swimsuits!!! I love that idea - I am so smart :)
Hey! I ran into your blog! How are you? I can't believe you have two kids! Congrats! You are so cute. I like your house a lot too. Check out my blog: www.kennardfamilyblog.blogspot.com
i did the same exact thing when i was little still have some and cut her hair. (layers) i have to say i did a good jod!!!!
luv ya!!!
Millie your blog is so stinkin cute!! thanks again for having us in island park! it was such a blast! We love you
OMG that is so smart!! I love Barbie's little bathing suit, esp for girls like mine that love to strip dolls!!
Post a Comment